Need parts for Ford DifferentialDecember 11, 2014 - Author: BartBarton - No Comments
I have a Jeep 1995 2.5L YJ
Question: I’m purchasing a used 97 ford explorer L.slip rear axle assembly, it’s an empty case. need to know what i’ll need to set it up with Limited slip 31 spline 4.56 gears. want to put together budget and get started with purchases. any help would greatly be appreciated.
Below is a parts list for a Ford 8.8 rear differential you can pick the parts you need:
- RING & PINION MOTIVE part number F888456 or YUKON GEAR part number YUKON YG F8.8-456 4.56 ratio your cost $210.50
- BEARING KIT part number R-88 your cost $98.59
- AXLE BEARING part number 6408 your cost $11.02 EACH
- AXLE SEAL part number 8835S your cost $3.26 EACH
- REAR AXLE SHAFTS part number F5TZ4234A and F5TZ4234B $95.92 each
There are a couple of options for positraction units
- FORD LIMITED SLIP part number 2L2Z4026AA your cost $231.57
- EATON LIMITED SLIP (THIS WOULD BE MORE PERFORMANCE ,SRONGER THAN THE FORD T/L) Part number 19588-010 your cost $464.52
- PINION FLANGE (THIS WOULD BE THE STOCK FORD FLANGE, MAY BE ABLE TO CHANGE TO SOMETHING ELSE DEPENDING WHAT YOU ARE DOING ON THE DRIVE SHAFT) part number E9TZ4851A your cost $42.54 plus freight.
Give Lance or James a call 800-444-0755 they can help you. You can see the other rear end part that we can provide on our site.